Tuesday, January 7, 2014

What Is That Strange Music We Hear?


The prompt from the Three Muses Collage Challenge this week is "Music".  So, I thought the creation of a musical instrument from my imagination was in order!  May I present to you, The Amazing Three-String Butterfly-O-Gram!!  Once you turn the crank on the side, the trained butterfly floats along the strings, playing them.  The sound is somewhat like a musical saw!  The volume and tone can be adjusted by twiddling the glowing star buttons on the front.  And to further sweeten the notes, the specially-made dessert mutes have been added to the horns.  Now, the only trick is to make sure the butterfly doesn't eat the desserts before the performance is over!

Do you wonder what I was listening to while I created this collage?  I was listening to a CD I made from the "MicMacs" soundtrack.  This disc is made up of just the music that was written by Raphael Beau.  Each piece is very sweetly mechanical and perfect for creating fanciful musical instruments to!  Take a listen and see what you think!  And if you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch "MicMacs"!  It was directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, the director who made "Amelie", one of our favorite films ever!!

Images used in my collage this week from Tumble Fish Studios at DeviantScrap and from my personal collection.

15 comments:

  1. what a FUNtastic instrumental creation! wonderful fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful whimsical music machine I love your imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun bit of surreal art, Betty! I'm glad the challenge took you on a journey, even though you're housebound. It's the same in my world, a foot of snow and FRIGID temperature have kept me inside. Thanks for sharing your talent ... and your whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a magnificent mechanical musical instrument, Betty. Your imagination really rocks and you shall have a very loud standing ovation from here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imaginative and beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing and very intriguing...more please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are full of surprises! What an awesome instrument! That must be one talented butterfly, too. It's the kind of instrument I can imagine finding in a steampunk wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This must be my Pick of the Week! What an imagination you have!
    Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fun and so amazing, a real creatively music instrument, love it.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for everyone who came to visit and appreciate my musical flight of fancy!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your imagination, you always come up with the most wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Rachel!!! I'm so happy to see you and so glad that you visited!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete

I am so very happy to read your comments!