Thursday, January 9, 2014

More of What's New . . .

Dear Friends,
As promised in this blog post, I have been working on even more new things for my Etsy shops!  Today, please allow me to show you what I have been working on for The Gossamer Tearoom shop:

The "Entrance to Dreamland" Print

I enlarged my scan of the vintage postcard I bought of this long-gone, but not forgotten section of Coney Island, hand-tinted it with pigment and metallic inks, and finally, added some Stickles in Platinum and Starry Night for extra sparkle!  This image makes me dream and I'm not done having fun with it!  Available in The Gossamer Tearoom shop here.

Inspirational Quote by C.S. Lewis

For those of us needing a small reminder that it does all get better, an inspirational quote by C.S. Lewis.  I have hand-stamped the letters with various letters from my rubber stamp collection and then added a vivid purple blue color of Stickles to the illuminated capital letters.  It has a very Dada-influenced look, an art movement which has always fascinated me!  Perfect for framing and available in The Gossamer Tearoom shop here.

(A close up of one of the glittered letters!)

Thank you for taking a peek at my most recent projects!
I have more that I will show you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so very happy to read your comments!