Sunday, July 18, 2021

Tastings of a Porch Garden...

 (Today's guest post is written by

our beloved member of The Doll and Toy Family, Eadwig)


Greetings to All Friends of The Gossamer Tearoom! 

I wave all of my arms and antennas to you in Welcome!

Soon, it will be time another Teeny Tea! 

It makes the Family very Happy to know it!

Today, I does a Walkings in the Porch Garden,

to show you the delicious plants we are growing to use for The Tea!

(As always, please do clickings on the pictures to see them larger!)


We do our growing in pots.
I am told it is called A Containers Garden.
I only know it is very nice!

These are the beautiful Nasturtiums!
Their leaves and their flowers are very wonderful and delicious
in salads and as decorations too!

I think the leaves are like an Art Project of Nature!

The pansies and violas we grow are glorious,
and very tempting to my friends, The Bees...

...but I am knowings of A Secret...

There will be a special dessert at our Tea, using these pansies!

Here is the Dill!
The fresh smell makes me all swoony,
especially when I think about the special way this will be
used for our Tea!

And, here is the Mint!
This is going to be used for in a Very Special Soup!
On a very hot day, we like to have drinkings of
ice cold Mint Limeade!

This is our Field of Many Kinds of Greens,
also called Microgreens!
Many Tiny Greens of Yum grow here,
Mustards, Mitzunas, Lettuces, Arugulas, Tatsois and others
grow to just the right size for our salads, sandwiches
and because they are so pretty,
will be delicious decorations for Tea Foods too!



We does have two kinds of the Basils,
the Green kinds and the Purple kinds!

The Green kinds are very good in the Salad which is made
of sweet, tiny Tomatoes and creamy little Mozzerellas!

The Purple kinds are surprisingly sweet and spicy!

We have also discovered that we do have a kind
which is both Green and Purple!

Some Bugs and other Friends do not care for it,
but everyone in the Doll and Toy Family does enjoy
the Cilantros!

Oh!  Looky! 
The Nicest of Surprises!
Just in time for our Special Tea Day!
The First Flowers of Nasturtium!



They do taste of Spicy, and they look the same!

I have A Puzzlings for you!
Do you know what these plants are?
Much of our front lawn has not Grasses, but these Plants instead!
The heart-shaped leaves are Wild Violets, 
gorgeous in Purple and White each Spring,
and the three leafed ones are Wild Strawberries!
Is it not wonderfully poetical?
There are never strawberries left for us, as the wild creatures
who share our yard with us eat them up before we can have any!
We don't really much mind and enjoy sharing with our Yard Friends,
such as birds, chipmunks, squirrels and deer.

Thank you for doing Visitings with me here today!

I send to you Wishings For a Happy Day
and
Hopings to See You at The Teeny Tea on the 24th. 
(Only six sleeps away now!)

OH!

And please do Rememberings to come back on

Saturday for our Wonderfully Mad Teeny Tea Party!

2 comments:

  1. Your Herb Garden is so Lush, I'm having Herb Garden Envy here! *LOL* It was so Hot this Year that only my Basils and Mint did well, the Tomatoes grew but didn't produce much and the Microgreens didn't give much Harvest either. I grew mine in Pots this Year since we only bought the Property last February. It's a Mini Farm so perhaps I'll install some raised Herb and Veggie Beds soon to grow more and perhaps erect some coverings and eventually a Greenhouse. Eadwig is so Cute, I like little Creations like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course, from Eadwig's perspective, it looks like a forest! He is pretty special and was a special order from a French spun cotton artist, based in Germany. As for my garden, I just have my little container garden on the porch each year and it is enough for me. Thanks again for reading the blog post.

      Delete

I am so very happy to read your comments!