Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Fog Creeps In On Little Cat Feet . . .



Won't you join me, Dearest Friends of The Tearoom? It's a quiet, foggy night. Doesn't the fog make it feel quite cozy in here?

Last year, at this time, it was quite a bit more lively, but this year, I hope you will not mind a bit of quiet.

In the background floats the haunting notes of our playlist for the night:
Violet Town by The Church
Under the Milky Way by The Church
Temperamental (Pull Timewarp Remix) by Everything But the Girl
As the Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Chillout Mix) - Motorcycle
Ohureo by Baka Beyond
Svefn-G-Englar by Sigur Rós
Terrorist by The Teardrop Explodes

And of course I have treats...



Our dessert tonight comes by most gracious permission of Joyti of Darjeeling Dreams (Thank you, Joyti). She has the most wonderful blog full of her own recipes for delicious desserts, complete with beautiful photographs. Tonight, won't you please have a piece of her blackberry and champagne cake? And to drink with it? A lushly scented tea, Trois Fruits Noirs (Three Black Fruits) by Betjeman & Barton of Paris, perfumed with the scents of blackberry, black currant and bilberry. Won't you please help yourself to a cup waiting for you in the samovar?

As a special treat, my love Mr. V has agreed to share with us some photographs he took of the foggy evening outside. . .















And so in quiet repose, we spend a Halloween evening in reflection, wrapped in the fog, warmed by candlelight and the steam from your tea.

Now, if you will please excuse me. The Countess' teacup is nearly empty. . .



"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe

Happy Halloween

7 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween my lovely friend! I love the pictures that V took....spookily wonderful!!!
    Now, may I have more cake and tea please?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, what a beautiful and elegant party. How lovely to be able to attend. And I'd love more tea, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such mistery fabuloseness here,dear Betty...

    Yes,PLEASE:-)*More tea,more tea,more beautiful iamges and exciting atmosphere!

    My hugs and Love to you,my dear friend,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake was scrumptious and the pictures make for an extra spookily party! :) Hope you and Mr. V are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. o. m. g.
    I love the fog photos!!!!!!!!!
    <3
    Excellent!
    And your blog is beautiful & classy - and always just a tad spooky in the best way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Betty, how on Earth did I miss this!? I love this pictures, they are full of mysetry! And this fabulous little piece of cake I would finish in a minute while hiding in the closet being afraid of the creatures hiding in the fog!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely mysterious images ... and I love your Poe quote, always so nice to meet another dreamer!

    (thank you for the cake!)

    ReplyDelete

I am so very happy to read your comments!