Sunday, October 16, 2016

Drawing and Inspiration (Part 3)

Hello and Happy Sunday Again to you, My Dear Friends!

Welcome to the third week of catching up with my drawings for Mab Graves' Drawlloween Club.


It's week three of the Drawlloween Club Challenge and I'm still keeping up and still having fun!

Still on the topic of inspiration, I have a lot of songs I love to listen to to help me get in the spooky mood when decorating or creating art during this extra-fun and extra-inspiring time of the year!  Here are a few of my favorite tunes of madness and menace:

Albums:
Bat for Lashes - Fur and Gold and Two Suns
Cocteau Twins - The Pink Opaque and Treasure
The Cure - Bloodflowers
Depeche Mode - Black Celebration and Violator

Songs:
Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead
The Church - Violet Town
Cocteau Twins - Sugar Hiccup and From the Flagstones
The Cure - All Cats are Grey
Everything But the Girl - Tempermental (Pull Timewarp Remix)
Gene Loves Jezabel - Influenza (Relapse)
Joy Division - Candidate
Peter Murphy - All Night Long and Cuts You Up
Nouvelle Vague - Bela Lugosi's Dead (cover)
Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack - Science Fiction Double Feature
The Specials UK - Ghost Town
Tones on Tail - Twist
Tricky - Love Cats (cover)

(For my fans of the blog who are not fans of Halloween, if you have not heard The Cocteau Twins, I would encourage you to do so.  There are some songs which sound a bit dark, but many, such as Sugar Hiccup, are swirling confections of sound that are just lovely and fun.  Everyone I have ever played the music of this band for who has not heard them before has a different way of describing them!  Give them a listen if you have not!)

And here's something fun that Mr. V found that made me laugh!


Meanwhile, here are my drawings for this week:

(As always, click images to see them larger.)









To see what I have written about each piece, please check out my Instagram feed.

And please check back next week for the final pieces in the Drawlloween Club Challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Your drawings really make me smile! You have such a fun and wild imagination. Their names are just as imaginative as the drawings. I think my favorite this week is Scarlotta Dracula. :-) I'll have to find something by the Cocteau Twins to listen to. I'm sure they'll have something on iTunes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bill! I hope you will enjoy hearing The Cocteau Twins, one of my favorite bands ever! And thank you, as always, for your visit!

      Wishing you a great day!
      Betty

      Delete

I am so very happy to read your comments!