Sunday, April 11, 2010

New Blog Candy


Dearest Friends,
Inspired by watching The Duchess, starring Keira Knightly, I have a new-found fascination with Georgiana, the Duchess of Devonshire. I have long included the wonderful blog Marie Antoinette's Gossip Guide to the 18th Century in my list of must-read blogs and I am now very happy to include its sister site Georgiana's Gossip Guide to the 18th Century as well! If you have not already, indulge and immerse yourself in this delightful blog devoted to this fascinating woman. No other excuse is needed to include this excellent blog in my list, but I was intrigued by these connections:

-She and Marie Antoinette were great friends and the Duchess remained her friend for the rest of her life.

-The Duchess had a very famous affair with Charles Grey, also known as the 2nd Earl Grey. It was after him that one of our favorite teas, Earl Grey, was named!

Soon, I will have more new blog candy coming up to entice you...

2 comments:

  1. I Love,love,love this image and Keira Knightly are awesome here...!-)*

    Thank you,my dear friend for you visit,it is so beautiful feeling,when I can read you comment!!!

    Much Love,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this movie !! Bought the dvd about 2 weeks ago, and Keira Knightley is just an amazing actress ! bisous

    ReplyDelete

I am so very happy to read your comments!