Friday, July 24, 2009

Mona Lisa Watches You


Dear Friends,
I had meant to save this wonderful image for my list of what inspires me for the Blog Party, but I cannot resist giving you this early peek, especially in light of the fact that I have discovered that Wallpaper magazine has given the Madame Joconde (Mona Lisa) Éclair the award for "Best Teatime Treat"! It comes to us from Fauchon, the Paris purveyor of luxury edibles. Fauchon was the first to export kiwi fruit and avocados into France and to bring out-of-season fruits like strawberries and cherries to market all year round. They are equally well-known in the world of gastronomy for their selection of sweet and savory éclairs! And this éclair is not just amazing to look at, it is filled with chocolate/almond cream and topped with chocolate and is on my list of "must-try treats" the next time we go to Paris!

Please read more about this lovely treat and the award it won here (and please be patient, as this site loads very slowly).

5 comments:

  1. FIRST! (omg, I am sounding like a Perez Hilton Blog reader....*snort)

    This sounds divine...I love ANYTHING that has almond in it. These are just too pretty to eat!

    Happy Saturday Bad Monkey!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous confection!!! Beautiful idea and fantastic way to get inspired. Thank you for intorducing me to the name of Fauchon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, delicious and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so happy to read and see all this. Where on earth am I going to find those beautiful treats here. I am off to search. Hugs, Margie.

    ReplyDelete

I am so very happy to read your comments!