Thursday, October 9, 2014

I Don't Want to Grow Up Class - Week Two

Greetings, Dear Friends!
This week, in my friend Bill's class "I Don't Want to Grow Up" at his Purple Moose Heart Art Website, he has asked us to create a Kawaii painting.  In case you didn't know, "kawaii" is a Japanese word meaning lovable, cute or adorable.  So, to encourage our inner child to come out and play, Bill asked us to make a painting with cute characters.  Of course I started out by dressing up our paperdoll daughter Victorienne as a cupcake with a teacup on her head as a hat!

(click to see the image larger)

I painted the back ground in a swirl of red, purple and white, making shades of lavender, mauve and pink.

I then sifted through some of my boxes of bits and bobs in the attic of The Tearoom and found some stickers I had ferreted away...the macaron stickers and the "Miso Pretty" stickers from a stationery set were from Paper Source when I worked there in Washington, and the shiny rabbit stickers were from a shop in Georgetown.

I then added Stickles in different colors (of course!)

Thank you, Bill, for your fun class!   My inner little kid is having a lot of fun!  Would you like to play along?  The class can be viewed anytime, so you can sign up here and do the exercises in your own time!  I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. I love Victorienne as a cupcake! She's wonderful! I also love all of those macarons.

    ReplyDelete

I am so very happy to read your comments!