Saturday, September 6, 2014

Is It Really Getting to Be That Time of Year Already?

Hello Dear Friends,
I hope your summer has been a good one.  Ours was busy and continues to remain so.  As I sit here, in the fan and the humidity, thinking a thunderstorm will reach us sooner than expected today, it is with some reluctance, I find myself thinking about Halloween already!  I, for one, am quite sad to see the summer go and so I have to post this lovely poem by my favorite poet, Edgar Oliver:


And so, it is time for My Lovely Old Doll Family to join our Paperdoll Daughter Victorienne in thinking about their costumes for their Halloween festivities!


(This sheet is being promoted today, thanks to the kindness of Christie Cottage Blog and my friend Colleen of Butterfly in the Attic!!  Thank you, Nice Friends!!  And speaking of Colleen, please check out her great Saturday Networking Linky Party today as well!)


(All of these sheets are always available for instant download at Velvet Revived on Etsy!)

And, of course, it is that time of year to start planning for the extra-festive Halloween party at our Dear Vanessa's blog A Fanciful Twist!  I already have some great ideas that I am working on (even though the date has not yet been announced!), in between working on my book project!

And so, we sit here today, listening to the fantastic soundtrack from "Only Lovers Left Alive", that deliciously creepy and atmospheric cinematic treat that we saw recently and fell in love with!  It's one we will be buying for our video library for sure and adding to our Halloween Movie Marathons!

Won't you please keep checking back for more information about upcoming and ongoing projects?  There is always so much going on here at The Tearoom!



1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid I have to agree about the melancholy the end of summer brings. Fall is wonderful, but I'd gladly skip over winter and move right into spring.

    ReplyDelete

I am so very happy to read your comments!