Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What I Have Been Up To...

Most Dear Friends of The Gossamer Tearoom,
I do so hope that you will forgive my having been away for so long!  I do so miss our virtual teas together, the slips of scented steam from beautiful vintage teacups, the pastries so beautiful you think they must have come from a dream, and all of the other surprises that I bring to you here!  But, I will now share with you some of the projects which have been occupying my time and I hope you will be able to forgive me for not having visited with you in such a long while.

One of the projects in which I am most pleased to be having the chance in which to participate involves my beautiful silk and glitter cards!  I wrote about them here for the first time and have been selling them in The Gossamer Tearoom shop on Etsy since the first of the year.  They are finding a wider and wider audience and now I could not be more pleased to tell you that they are now being sold in what was one of Mr. V's and my favorite shops when we lived in Washington, DC!!  Several of my designs are now for sale in Pulp on 14th Street!!  I just could not be more excited!  Pulp is such a fun place, selling cards, books, paper, gifts, all with a great sense of humor and a beautiful sense of design.  Bev and all of the great people who work with her were so sweet to us when we would come in and shop and now, I am SO happy to be working with them!!

This is a photo they took in the store when they featured my cards on their Facebook page:

photo courtesy of Vickey at Pulp
and...some shots I took of them myself:

Balloon Vendor One

Balloon Vendor Two

The Bug Lady

The Countess

In the Crimson Garden

The Lily Grower

The Seance

The Family

An example of the back of one of the cards,
done in metallic copper embossing powder
(for any rubberstamping and scrapbooking geeks out there,
or (wishing and hoping) any of the former
students of my rubberstamping class!!

When we lived there, I always told people that everyone will want to see the monuments and the museums when they visit Washington, but if you miss the neighborhoods, you miss a big part of the picture.  If you live in the DC area or will be visiting there this summer on vacation (or anytime!), please make some time to visit 14th Street, and especially Pulp!  We could not be more thrilled to know that my cards now live in our former home, a place that will always hold a special place in our hearts!  Thank you again to Beverly, Vickey and all of the nice folks at Pulp!




Pulp
1803 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC  20009
(202) 462-7857



(Please don't forget to check back here on Saturday when, once again, The Gossamer Tearoom participates in the Mad Tea Party at A Fanciful Twist!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Hope they'll sell like crazy because they are awesome and so are you! Also - good point about not just seeing monuments, wherever one goes. Good thing to even get lost on purpose sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

I am so very happy to read your comments!