Monday, May 17, 2010

All Things Sweet (and Some That Are Not). . .



Dearest Friends,
You must forgive me! I have been absent from The Tearoom for so long! But I return with a plethora of sweet treats (and some not so sweet)! By the way, Dear Friends, making a small reference to my previous post, I want you to know that I believe that life is for living. The next time I get to France, I will be trying everything that looks wonderful to me!

Firstly, a few months ago, I added a link to Franck Deville, a patisserie in Saint Priest en Jarez, France. I so wish I could try these macarons!! This brilliant gentleman makes not only sweet but savory macarons!! And in such creative combinations!! Pictured above is his Tomato Basil macaron and below is his chocolate pepper!

Next, there is a new patisserie in Paris (actually they have been open a few months now) called Hugo & Victor (anyone who knows me well will understand my fascination with their name!) Their range of pastry is developed along fairly simple lines.
There are several standard flavors which will always be represented: chocolate, vanilla & caramel. In addition, they are currently also featuring Pineapple, Blood Orange, Kaffir Lime (!!!), Praliné and Litchi. Also for April and May, they are including Pistachio, Tea, Sugar Cane, Passion Fruit and Arabica (coffee) and other flavors will replace them seasonally. Their pastries are displayed in a very elegant way like they are pieces of fine jewelry. In order to have the best chance of drooling over what they have to offer, when on the link I have provided for you, scroll all the way down and click on "carte des creations" to look at the pdf.
Earl Grey Tea Macaron

Next, another fairly new patisserie in Paris is La Patisserie des Reves. Their name means "The Patisserie of Dreams" and dream you will after gazing at some of their beautiful creations. They specialize in new interpretations of classic desserts and their shop has the look of a colorful laboratory!
Tarte à l'orange
(Photo from Food Intellegence)


And finally, I received an e-mail this weekend from the lovely folks at Fauchon, showcasing their Mother's Day options, but I also found a something fun to while away the hours! Christophe Adam, who creates, among other lovely things, the dream-inspiring eclairs at Fauchon has a blog. And not just a blog, a gorgeous, eye-candy of a blog!These are his new baba creations (a baba is traditionally a rum cake, but these are his new versions of them, a new one every two months until November! They make me want to crawl through the computer screen!)

Plougastel Strawberry - April/May
Strawberry/Melon - June/July
Gooseberry/Raspberry - August/September
Pomelo-Orange - October/November


While you amuse yourselves with these enchantments, I will continue to get ready for The Mad Tea Party being hosted by A Fanciful Twist on June 26th!

And. . .Dearest Friends. . .there will be giveaways! I am having not one, but two! I can't tell you what they are yet because it would give away the surprise of the theme of my party, but I PROMISE you will love them!

So, don't forget to come back and visit with me on June 26th!

5 comments:

  1. Bonjour Betty,
    SO many lovely patisseries, when you are in France we must meet at one (or two) and have a taste test! I've been wanting to try the last two, but don't know if I can trust myself with all those marvelous flavors! When I go I'll try to get some photos to share with you.
    I do hope you are feeling better and things are going well with your parents.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is simply amazing! I would love to try each and every one of this treats.Perhaps, we can even enjoy them together over a cup of cofee in my Atelier? I hope you are feeling better and better with each day and would like to thank you for the wonderful words under my Atelier post. I have put so much effort into it and appreciate every compliment!:-)I would absolutely love to have you as my guest any day!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Betty :) miam miam miam ! I like the way you express your admiration and taste for these wonderful delicious patisseries ! Wish you a happy day :) I'm very busy too and will write soon, hugs and bisous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Betty, I stopped by to see how you are doing and wish you a beautiful day.:-) I have decided that this weekend is going to be my strawberry cheescake weekend :-)))Patisseries remain the only medicine that cures all kinds of sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am just swooning here over the deliciousness of your last couple of posts!

    xoxo Bardot in Blue

    PS thanks for you warm wishes for my graduation! :-D

    ReplyDelete

I am so very happy to read your comments!